First off, I am soo sooo sooooo excited to be starting with this blog, and welcome to anyone reading or visiting! I started blogging over a year ago, and recently opened up 'Traviesa' for a change of pace. Lemme give you some details on lil' ol' me, as I've always felt the more you know about a writer/blogger/etc., what you're reading always becomes a little more real, and engaging. Sooo with that said, here are a few facts you might find interesting:
- I'm from Texas!! [whoop whoop] I looove my Lone Star State, and have lived here pretty much my entire life
- 30 years old [blah-this is my 'OMG I'm getting old age'] lol
- Mexicana [latina/hispanic/mexican american-take your pick lol]
- Tia to a crazy 2 1/2 year old niece, and precious 9 month old nephew
- Grew up in a smaalll border-town [where I currently still reside]
- Career-Mental Health [and that's about allll you will hear about work...privacy laws/OSHA...geez lol]
- Currently single [:/]
- LIKES: reading, cooking, art, movies, television, computers, blogging, friends, family, traveling, gaming, gambling, road-trips, sleeping, and procrastination [heyy..at least I'm honest!! lol]
- DISLIKES: putting gas in my car [blah-pet peeve], the death penalty [don't EVEN get my father started on my opinion on this], being wrong [it's the Aries in me], other people driving my car while I'm in it [I'm a strange person, I know lol], long distance relationships, and people who beat around the bush...indecisiveness is a MAJOR killer for me, only because I am so darn impatient!! [lol-hey...like I said above..at least I'm honest!]
So there ya have it. This blog is basically a personal diary about my life in general, things I love, things I could do without, and what is going on in my life at the moment. 'Traviesa' the title, can actually translate to a few different meanings. MY basic translation for it means 'trouble-maker'. No negative connotation here, just the simple, indirect ways that
we I can tornado through my life sometimes, making a mountain out of a molehill basically. And the fact that..well, it IS fun to get into a little trouble sometimes [cmon' ladies...I know ya feel me on this one ;)]. So please, any interpretation you get from the title, I take as is, because the word is used in so many unique ways. [i.e. I call my niece traviesa alll the time, only because she tears through the house sometimes like a mini-tornado getting into all sorts of trouble and making messes lol]
I read and follow a lot of blogs, different styles and topics. I always find that the more intimate ones that detail a persons real life are so interesting. It gives you a peek into another person's world, and makes you appreciate everything that you have in YOUR life even more. Not to mention, it's just so freakin' interesting to me to see how other people live, whether they be 2,000 miles away, or across the globe.
With that said, welcome again, and let's get this going!! Just so you know, I loooove interacting with anyone who communicates via the blog or email, and hope to make some awesome friends around here!