Thursday, June 28, 2012

And the numbers are in...

Hola mis chicas!!

I hope ya'll are having a fantastical week so far!  I'm in vacation mode these days, and I plan to do nothing but relax, catch up on my DVR, and hit the water as often as I can.  This Texas heat is KILLER.  Not kidding too...it was 106 degrees for what seemed like alll day today!  The disadvantages of living sooo far south in a border-town. :/  My vay-cay doesn't officially start until Friday afternoon, but I'm counting since tomorrow, since I have to be out of the office for jury duty.

On another subject, I wanted to share my WW weekly weigh-in with ya'll from yesterday.  Drum roll please...


 I lost 2.8 pounds this week chicas!!!  Yeaahhhh budddyy!!!  And guess what else??  This weeks loss put me at 90.4 pounds TOTAL LOSS!!!  I couldn't believe it myself when I stepped on that scale Tuesday, but there it was, right in front of me.  I am sooo beyond excited chicas, even more so because I am nearing my first BIG goal I set for myself when I first started on the program months ago.

During my WW meeting two weeks ago, my awesome leader Nancy set up a mini summer challenge for all of us who wanted to participate.  It basically just involved setting a summer goal for ourselves, since this season can be particularly harder for me some people.  My goal was to reach 100 lbs. lost by August.  Amazingly, if I am able to accomplish this, I will have lost 100 lbs. in almost 8 months.

I'm speechless chicas...I really am.  It's still hard for me to 'see' the changes in myself.  And I hear it nearly every day. 

No chicas...I am not being a self-absorbed bia gloating about these comments and compliments, but it's the truth.  In all honesty, it's hard for me to accept any comment people tell me nowadays in regards to my weight-loss, much less a compliment.  They all talk about what a change they see in me, and how they can't believe how much weight I have lost in such a short amount of time.  They are even more speechless when I tell them that all I've been doing is Zumba classes several times a week, and Weight Watchers.  Then of course come the questions like...'You HAVE to be doing something else...what kinds of diet pills are you taking to help you out?'.  Ouch.  That makes me even MORE uncomfortable talking about myself, and this tremendous accomplisment.  Just to set the record straight...NO I am not taking any type of diet pills, etc.  And NO I am not starving myself, or suffering from any kind of eating disorder.  I am just sticking to the program, and exercising regularly.  I eat gooood chicas!! Believe me!!

They talk about this alll the time during my WW meetings.  About how difficult it will still be to accept the positive changes that are happening to your body.  And how for a lot of people, they continue to look at themselves at the weight they originally started at.  I don't know...but this has been especially difficult for me.  I look at old pictures of myself, and can see the changes then, but when I look in the mirror, I don't feel it yet.

I want to be able to be as excited as I was above when I said I had lost 2.8 lbs. this week, allll the time.  I SHOULD be happy when someone compliments me.  I deserve it.  But it's sooo hard sometimes, and something that I need to work on myself, from within.

Self-love.

I'm getting there, and have come a looonnng way...trust me.  I'm finally putting ME first, and I'm starting to love every minute of it...


Be blessed...and stay blessed chicas!!

xoxo,
Nica


2 comments: