Friday, September 21, 2012

It's the freakin' weekend baby...

This week has just dragggged for me, partly because I was a MAJOR procrastinator the majority of the time, and because I have been 'on-call' for work since last Friday afternoon.  I hope you chicas had a more productive week than I did!  Let me catch you up a little on what's been going on en mi vida lately...
 
I've had familia visiting from out of town this week, so that's been pretty entertaining.  My aunt recently had a baby boy, and let me tell you, it takes me back to when my niece and nephew were babies too.  Middle of the night feedings, diaper changes, bath times...I'm trying to prepare for the next one my sister is having pretty soon.  I don't think I had ever mentioned it, but yes, my sister is currently preggers :).  She's my only sibling, so I couldn't be any happier for her.  I absolutely adore those two angels.  They are my world chicas.
 
 
I cannot wait until number 3 comes along for my sister.  She doesn't know what she's having yet, but I am secretly hoping for another little girl :).  Only because I would love for my chiquita to have a younger sister, just like I do.  Sisters are special, and I will dedicate a post to mine one day soon.  These two make my days happy, and I can't imagine my life without them now.  I would give them the world if I could, but for now I'm sure they're satisfied with watching Monster's Inc. (their favorite movie right now),  building forts made out of blankets, and dancing with their 'ta-ta' to every Yo Gabba Gabba song out there.
 
This week a 'certain someone' started texting me again, after about 2 weeks of not speaking.  I think I may have mentioned several posts back about having some dates set up.  For privacy purposes ;), I'm just going to refer to him as 'The Fisherman'.  I'm using that nickname for several different reasons, but mainly because of a certain tattoo he has, and because of something that was said to me during a tea reading I had a few months ago.  (Yessss I said tea reading.  Future post on this topic.)  I'll have to do a separate post on him entirely, and how it all got started.  Needless to say, I spoke my mind to him during a conversation we had earlier this month, and he didn't seem to like it very much.  Let's just say, I put him on check.  I can become very disinterested in someone quickly if they don't make a move, or show me somehow that they are interested in me.  Don't get me wrong chicas, I'm not saying I like for things to move from A-Z just like that, but I have to know what you're trying to get at.  I do not enjoy getting mixed signals, and that is exactly what The Fisherman has been doing since we first met nearly 2 months ago.  We'll see what happens...and the only reason I'm even mentioning him in an actual post, is because the situation is beginning to irk me.  He seems to be a little different this time around, the context of his text messages, the words he's choosing to use during our conversations, how often he's communicating with me...but do people ever really change??  I don't know that I'd want him to either.  I've always felt that if someone is meant to be in your life, they will be, on their own free will.  Plain and simple.  Why force something that isn't quite working?
 
 
 Aside from all that, this weeks Weight Watchers weekly weigh-in has come and gone again.  I had a small gain this past Tuesday, and I am more that okay with it.  I had an amazing weekend before that, and wouldn't change anything about it.  Anything involving mi familia, a party, drinks, and some good music makes for a fantastic time.  :)
 

 
I gained .6 lbs. this week chicas, which still leaves me at 115.2 lbs. total loss.  This week I've been doing pretty good with my tracking, and I'm finally feeling a little more like myself.  I even managed to go to Zumba twice, and am going to try to make it to this evenings class if I can.  I also racked up 13 activity points, which is not bad considering I'm taking my time getting back into the swing of things during class.  I have to remind myself that it's only been about a month and a half since I had my gallbladder surgery, and that I need to take it easy.  My Zumba instructor Andrea can't put it any simpler...'poco a poco', or 'little by little'.
 
With that said, I'm officially off the clock...well until I get the next phone call at least.  Hope you chicas have a great weekend, and stay out of trouble!  (well..a little trouble won't hurt you too much...it will be our secret! lol)  Enjoy yourselves, and be safe!!
 
 
Be blessed...and stay blessed!!!
 
xoxo,
 
❤Nica


No comments:

Post a Comment