Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A part of me is missing...

And believe it or not, I'm glad! 
 
Chicas...let me tell you...gallbladder attacks are NO JOKE.  In case you've been wondering where the hell I've been, well let me start from the beginning...
 
Let's rewind to August 3rd, a little over a month ago.  Prior to that awful Friday, I had been feeling pretty crappy that entire week.  I was getting some unusual pains late at night, that would disappear in the morning.  I wasn't sure what was going on, but I did know it felt similar to how I was feeling when I went to the ER  in July.  I ended up going to work that Friday, and by 11:00am, I could no longer stand the pain.  I don't even know how to describe it, other than 'sitting in my chair with my head on the desk cringing in half hard to breath' type of pain.  lol  I literally got up, walked out of my office, and miraculously drove myself to the ER here in town.  After a few tests and A LOT of blood work (I am ALWAYS a hard stick :/), I was told that I was having a severe gallbladder attack.
 
YIKES.
 
And WOAH that pain.  Just like that, I was admitted to the hospital, and scheduled for surgery possibly the very next day.  I pretty much spent the next 24 hours drugged up to relieve the pain, and laying in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV.
 
Fast foward about a week, and I'm home after surgery.  Gallbladder and gallstones removed.  Recovery from this surgery has been terrible for me chicas.  I had an allergic reaction to one of the medications, and broke out in hives for several days.  The itching STILL hasn't fully gone away, but at least the hives have.  I still don't feel like myself.  It completely threw me off track, and I'm still struggling to get back into my normal routine.
 
I still haven't been able to return to my Zumba class, and just this week alone, I finally started tracking again.  I missed a few weeks of WW weigh-ins, but it felt good when I did return.  Here's a quick update from the past month...
 
I didn't get to weigh-in on 7/31/12, or on 8/7/12.  I was out of town that last week in July, and didn't make it to weigh-in.  The first week in August, well I was still recuperating from surgery.  On 8/14/12 I decided to weigh-in, even though I had not been able to follow the program much.  I had lost a total of 7.4 lbs., which I expected since it had been nearly three weeks since my last weigh-in, and of course I had been sick.  On 8/21/12, I weighed in and had lost another 2.2 lbs.  Then on 8/28/12, I had my second gain of 1.6 lbs.  I did expect that since the week before I had pretty much gained my appetite back, and was really just eating anything I wanted, and not tracking.  (Plus I had an awesome weekend with my bestie Cat, and got to go see JLo & Enrique Iglesias in concert!  Another post on that coming soon.)
 
Like I mentioned above, I finally shook myself out of the haze, and tried to get back on track.  Yesterday's Weight Watchers meeting was awesome, especially since we had a guest speaker.  It was amazing to hear one of the veteran members speak about her success, and how she had finally met her goal.  I weighed in also, and here are the results...
 

 
I lost 3.8 lbs. this week chicas!  Yaaayy me!!  As you can see above, that puts me at 114.2 lbs. total loss.  :)  I am beyoond excited, and proud of myself.  I know this little push is going to kick-start me back into gear, and I am soooo ready!
 
Set-backs, no matter what they are, are always a blessing in disguise.  We don't always see them for what they are in the beginning, but trust and believe that eventually everything will fall into place, and it will all make sense.  Don't let set-backs keep you rooted into the ground.  Then you get stuck, and it's so much easier to say 'F-it!', and start feeling bad for yourself.  I know I'm going to take that set-back I had a month ago, and use it as a stepping stone, hell...maybe even a trampoline, to just jump back into my happy frame of mind.
 
Positive thinking chicas...it makes the world go 'round.
 
 
 
Be blessed...and stay blessed!!!
 
xoxo,
❤Nica


No comments:

Post a Comment