Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's all in your head...

Half-way through the work week, even closer to Halloween, and I still don't have a costume for my annual party I have at work.  I thought I had a great idea, but last night when I tried to put it all together in a practice run, it resulted in an EPIC FAIL.  lol
 
I'm heading up to San Antonio this weekend, so I really need to get my booty in check and find something.  I'm out of options here in town, unless I want to go this route...
 
Ummm wait...what??  I think I'll pass.  lol
 
Aside from searching for a costume, I'll also be taking my niece and nephew to SeaWorld with the familia.  Every year during the month of October, SeaWorld puts together some scaarrryyy fun for the Howl-O-Scream event.  Check out the link I provided if you can.  They have some pretty awesome areas of the park to visit this year.  I am sooo looking foward to it.  I freakin' love Halloween!  :)
 
I also went to my Weight Watchers meeting/weigh-in yesterday afternoon.  I've really grown to appreciate all the members in the group.  They are always so supportive of each other, and a few of them have become great friends of mine.  I love the fact that we are able to laugh with each other about the day-to-day struggles we experience, and at the same time feel confident that noone in that meeting is judging you.  We recently got a new group leader a few weeks ago, and she's been doing a great job so far!  My previous leader Nancy was just as awesome.  She kept me motivated the entire time since I started on my journey back in January, and I appreciate everything she did to show continued support and encouragement.  Here's to you Nancy!!
 
 
The pic on the left is of Nancy and I during the meeting when I reached my 100lb. weight loss.  She did a little presentation, and gave me a certificate.  Such a memorable day!!
 
The pic on the right is of my Zumba instructor Andrea and I, after one of her amazing work-outs.  This girl is just sooo full of energy and positive light.  Muchisimas gracias Andrea!!  Chicas, if you haven't tried Zumba yet, I highly recommend that you do, and soon!!  If you love music, and you love to dance, then this is definitely the work-out for you.  It doesn't even feel like you're exercising!
 
I couldn't have come this far on my journey without the help of these two amazing women.  If you ever get the opportunity to have inspiration such as these people in your life, feel very very blessed chicas.  Thank you ladies!!!
 
My weigh-in went pretty well yesterday, aside from the fact that I over-indulged in margaritas this past weekend at a quincienera.  lol  That's what happens when you haven't had a drink in awhile, and you're around friends and family.  Ya gotta love any party that has a frozen margarita machine on hand!!  Yummm!!!
 

 
I lost 2.2 lbs. this week!  I am sooo beyond psyched chicas!  This year has been life-changing for me, and I can't help but try to encourage others towards a healthier, positive lifestyle.  It really makes me happy that my family has adopted some of the small changes I've been making.  It's easier to make smart decisions when you have people around you that support you, and love you unconditionally.  And that's all it takes!  Really yall', if you ever feel alone, or that you don't have anyone around for support, don't ever hesitate to head in this direction.  Send me a message or an email, and I'll do my best to help you in any way possible.  It's a mental game chicas.  Thinking positive will attract good things into your life, and before you know it, you'll be moving foward towards whatever goal you have your heart set on.
 
We all have our bad days.  Hell, I have them pretty often sometimes, but you're feeling how you're feeling at that moment for a reason.  Does that even make sense?  lol  Ride out your emotions, and feel them.  Don't bottle them up and ignore them.  That's only going to make it harder on you when they resurface again.  And chicas...they always do.  We know this.
 
Stay positive my friends!  Have a great rest of the week.  :)
 
Ohhhh...one last thing...just for a quick smile.  This week is 'Red Ribbon Week' at my chiquita's school.  Every day this week the school has a different theme for the kids to participate in, such as 'crazy socks day', 'crazy hat day', etc.  Today was 'crazy hair day', so I got up extra early to help my niece with her hair.  She insisted on the color purple, so that's exactly what we did.  I have to say though, she should have just worn her hair straight out of bed!!  This is the REAL crazy hair!!
 
 
Poor baby was still half asleep!!  lol
 
 
Be blessed...and stay blessed!!!
 
xoxo,
❤Nica

No comments:

Post a Comment