Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tick tock...tick tock...

Where is this time going lately??
 
It feels like the year is nearly over, and I still have sooo much to do.  I know with the upcoming holidays, the time is just going to swing by even quicker.  It seems like every day is just hustle hustle hustle, and I never even have a moment to breathe for myself.  Yikes!!
 
First things first, let me give you all my updated WW weekly weigh-ins from the past 2 weeks.  I think I've been doing fairly well with my tracking, although I know I have a lot of room for improvement, especially when it comes to the weekends.  Lately, I barely even glance at my iPhone throughout the weekends to track my food.  No bueno.  :/
 

 
At last week's weigh-in (10/9/12), I lost a total of 4.2 pounds.  I have no idea how I did that chicas.  The only thing I can think is that I am underestimating the amount of activity points I count for Zumba.  It's a little hard to determine sometimes, because Zumba isn't listed as one of the 'workouts' under the activity list on the Weight Watchers website.  I do eat any activity points I earn, and very rarely go into my extra weekly 49 points.
At this week's weigh-in, I lost 1.2 pounds, making that a total of 126.6 pounds thus far!  Last week I was also awarded another 25 pound ring for my keychain, which was reallly exciting!  I got to speak a little about my journey so far, and I can only hope that my progress will inspire others to stay on track, and never lose hope that the program really does work.
 
This entire year has been a true blessing for me chicas.  I cannot stress that enough.  I am thankful to God for putting me on this path, and helping me stick to it.  I know I am making the best decisions for my future.
 
Cheers to a new week, and in moving foward!!
 
In other parts of my life, work is getting crazier every day.  I'm planning my annual Halloween party, and getting ready for audit next month.  Before I know it, the holidays are going to be here, and we'll be starting another year!  I'm still not 100% sure about a costume so far, but I will definitely be dressing up...it's tradition for our fiesta at work!
 
Here are a few pics of my life over the past week or so...
 
My babygirl's 'candycorn' nails I did for her...I loooove my niece, but wow...these didn't last but one day tops! lol


A trip to the pumpkin patch on a Saturday afternoon always calls for pictures!!  They had a blast...and so did I trying to get my nephew to look at the camera just once!! lol

My yummy breakfast I made the other morning...only 5PP chicas!  2 points for the whole-grain bread (2 slices of Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat), 1 point for the ham (1 ounce of Hillshire Farm Ultra Thin Honey Ham), 1 point for the cheese (1/4 cup HEB fat free shredded cheddar cheese), and 1 point for the three egg whites.  I crisp the ham a little in the skillet, and grill the veggies in the same pan, so that they are warm and soft when putting together the sandwich.  When the egg whites are cooked to your liking, add in the cheese so that it melts perfectly.  No oil is needed...just a little non-stick spray, and you're good to go.  The spinach, tomato, and banana are all freeeeee...which makes for a filling, delicious breakfast!

I also made these steamed dumplings one rainy Saturday afternoon.  I'll be posting the recipe soon.  I always have fun experimenting with the WW Recipe Builder on eTools.  I take any ideas I have in my head, throw them all together, and try to reduce the PP value.  It's challenging, but I think I've put together some really great recipes so far.
 
I also celebrated my bestie's birthday a few weeks ago.  We had a blast!!  Good friends, dinner, drinks, flamenco dancing, and lots of great memories!!

Love you Cat!!  Here's to many many more years of BESTfriendship.  :)
 
The only update I have with The Fisherman is that I'm reaching a breaking point.  I haven't really spoken to him in a few days, because he made me really mad over the weekend when he wouldn't answer a simple question!  It was just something I had never asked him before, and he became soo defensive.  Believe it or not...in the short time we've been 'talking', I've never asked him what his last name is.  It's honestly just never come up, and for whatever reason, I thought about it while I was on the road this weekend.  We were in the middle of texting each other, and I just flat out asked him 'By the way, what's your last name'?  His response??  'Why?? Uggg!!'.  Ummm wait...what??  Warning sign, I know chicas.  So I'm going to let things play themselves out..and I am definitely not going to hold back from saying exactly how I feel from now on.  I know what I want out of a partner, and I'm honestly more pissed off than happy half the time we talk.  Ask and you shall receive, right?  Even if it's not the answer you want to hear, it still helps you moves foward.
 
By the way...I finally updated my progress pictures!!  Make sure you click over to that page and take a look.  It's amazing what positive thinking can get you...put your mind and to it, and you can accomplish anything!!
 
Have a great week chicas...it's almost Friiiiddaayyy!!
 


Be blessed...and stay blessed!!!
 
 
xoxo,
 
❤Nica


No comments:

Post a Comment